Ulele Spring Brewery: From Grain To Glass
The 2,100-square-foot Ulele Spring Brewery in front of our beer garden creates 15 U.S. barrels (465 gallons) per brew. We offer fresh-brewed lagers and ales using only the finest malted grains, hops, yeast, fresh fruit and locally sourced honey. We create these beers using American equipment with no artificial preservatives of any kind.
Brewery tours are available on request.
Ulele Spring Brewery On Tap
- Hydration Station Lager – A clean-flavored, low-carb Mexican-style, light ultra lager.
- Wedding Beer – Traditional unfiltered lager infused with a light blend of natural black and red berries. Fruit balances with light malt in a delicate finish.
- Ulele Light Lager – Reinheitsgebot and Krausened International Pale Lager. Floral, noble bitterness. Dry and clean finish.
- Water Works Pale Lager – Blended with domestic and imported hops. Pleasant mineral dryness followed by a citrusy finish. Signature beer to pair with chargrilled oysters.
- Rusty's Red – Amber lager delivers clean bitterness on the front of the palate. Finishes with caramel and roasted chocolate notes.
- Magbee’s Honey Lager – Locally sourced honey drives this semi-sweet golden/amber lager's flavor. Pairs well with pork.
- Buckhorn Stout – Oatmeal milk stout named for Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn. Coffee and chocolate notes; The oats enhance the body and the milk sugar reduces the astringency of the roasted malts.
- Buckhorn Stout Nitro – A creamy, malt-suggestive nitrogen version of our classic stout.
- Green Cannonball IPA – Assertively hopped with a domestic and South Pacific blend of hops. Stone fruit, citrus rind. Honey Berliner style barrel soured beer.
Barrel-Aged Selection (Limited Release)
- The Dragon Barrel – A blended Wedding Beer barrel-aged on Terra D’oro French oak. Bright fruit followed by a delicate oak finish. Created to commemorate USF Morsani College of Health’s Match Day 2018.
Barrel-aged selections may vary and have limited availability. Please ask your server for today's inspired beers on tap.
Ulele Spring Brewery: Awards
U.S. Open Beer Championship, July 2016
- Silver for American Light Lager, Hydration Station
Annual Brewers's Ball- Florida Beer Championships, March 2016
- Bronze for the American light lager, Ulele Light
Annual Brewers's Ball- Florida Beer Championships, March 2015
- Silver for the American light lager, Ulele Light
- Bronze for the American amber lager, Rusty's Red
Timothy Shackton – Head Brewmaster
A native of Clearwater, Tim is a veteran commercial brewmaster, with strong roots in the brewing industry. His great grandfather John was a saloon owner in the thriving downtown Milwaukee area in the early 1900s. Tim's uncle James, an engineer working with Reynolds Aluminum in collaboration with Miller Brewing, developed the cost-saving dimple in the bottom of beer cans. After attending St. Cecelia Parochial School and Dunedin High School, Tim – like his father – joined the Marines. When Tim returned from Desert Storm, he accepted a position with Hops Grill and Brewery as a brewer's apprentice. Under the tutelage of John Schwarzen of Anheuser-Busch fame, Tim learned the art of brewing and led a team that built brewpubs throughout Florida. He and his uncle opened and ran Shackton's Frozen Custard and Burgers in Largo. He also worked at Total Wine and Darden Restaurants.